3PL stands for third-party logistics, and it refers to a company that specialises in helping businesses manage their transportation needs. Simply put, a 3PL provides services to businesses that need help with shipping and delivery, as well as warehousing and other supply chain functions.
3PLs are one of the fastest-growing segments of the logistics industry. The growth is due in part to technology, innovations, and developments that have improved efficiency and speed throughout the supply chain. Businesses of all sizes can benefit from outsourcing their logistics to a 3PL company, as it is a solution that offers flexibility, reduces costs, and saves time.
3PLs are especially useful for businesses that are seeing increased growth. An expanding customer base is always positive; however, it also means that the demands on your business change. This includes challenges presented by stock inventory and warehouse logistics. For example, do you rent a warehouse and employ your own fulfilment team, or outsource fulfilment to a 3PL or third-party fulfilment company?
Why use a 3PL for your business?
There are several reasons why you should consider hiring a 3PL to handle your logistics needs:
- Reduced cost – a 3PL company can provide logistics services more efficiently than an internal team. This can translate into savings for your business.
- Improved customer experience – having an external provider handle your warehouse operations means that you can focus on creating great products and services and providing excellent customer service.
- Warehousing and storage – 3PLs have warehousing facilities already in place to handle a wide range of products.
- 3PLs have relationships with carriers and can negotiate rates. This means they can often find lower shipping costs than advertised.
- Customs and other paperwork – a 3PL company can take care of any paperwork that needs to be filed with customs or other agencies so that you don’t have to deal with it yourself.
- Tracking systems – with timestamping and GPS, shipments can be monitored in real-time. This means that if there is a problem, it can be resolved quickly.
3PLs provide a service that helps you manage your supply chain. It’s a great tool for businesses that have complex supply chain needs, wants to optimise resources, or just make sure they’re getting the most out of their current infrastructure.
Why choose LTS as your 3PL provider?
At LTS, we provide the warehouse space, loading, and storage solutions you need to keep growing your business, so you can focus on more important things. Take the headache out of shipping and handling with a partner you can trust!
Our experienced team help you cut costs by finding the most cost-effective logistics solutions for your products, improve efficiency by optimising how your products are distributed, and helps keep your business running smoothly.
Not only do we provide a wide range of warehousing and logistics services, but we can also work with you to create a plan that’s tailored to your needs. Ready to work with us? Get in touch today!