We’re always on the look out for high quality drivers and personnel. If you think you have what it takes then please forward us your up to date CV by post or email and complete the application form linked below.
Apply For A Job
Multimodal Operator – Closes 20th November
To provide shipping, transport and forwarding expertise across all modes (Ocean, Air and European Road), build and develop relationships with customers in order to generate and increase business. Understanding customers needs and requirements and promote internal solutions across LTS services range. To provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To operate, provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer across all service modes (Ocean, Air and European Road).
- To offer a high standard of customer service across all modes (Ocean/Air/Road), by providing timely, accurate and appropriate information and demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner.
- To handle shipments by Ocean, Air and Road forwarding operationally from start to finish, protecting the company from unpaid accounts by taking due note and following the company policies with regards to credit ratings and outstanding account balances.
- To receive incoming enquiries and collect all the necessary information, to ensure bookings are accurately processed.
- To process shipment information in a timely manner to prevent delays.
- Engage with customers and provide appropriate quotations. Always follow up quotations and correspondence with customers using your best endeavors to secure business.
- To collate all necessary information to ensure that any order progress enquiries from customers are always dealt with efficiently and keeping them informed of the status of the order.
- To work in conjunction with Sales to develop and secure new business, and also through your own initiative, generate leads working alongside your line manager/sales to secure the account.
- To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations/Dangerous Goods/Insurance rules; determine whether goods are subject to any of these special requirements, ensure adherence and be capable of providing advice to customers as necessary.
- To liaise with customs brokers when required, providing them with accurate information to ensure goods are quickly cleared for import/export in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
- To undertake any general office duties as required, to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- To alert the Line Manager of any pending claims and collate information to process any claims promptly and professionally, in accordance with Company procedures.
- To deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused professional manner.
- To build and maintain effective business relationships with colleagues throughout the business.
- To ensure that all activities operate within our policies and procedures and to demonstrate a commitment to these through their own working practices.
- To ensure that all documentation, records and systems are accurate and kept up to date.
- To prepare and present information for LTS management team, based upon agreed target parameters, as required.
- To comply with the Health and Safety statement and the Quality procedures in all areas of responsibility.
- To carry out such other duties that are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required.
Essential Skills, experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in international Ocean, Air, Road freight operation across key markets (FCL/LCL, Airfreight, and EU Import/Exports).
- Commercial experience of Ocean/Air/Road freight buying/quoting processes.
- Good knowledge of Air freight and Marine transport regulations.
- Good inter-personal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking.
Salary – £25,000 – £28,000 PA based on experience.
Annual Holiday – 20 Days + Bank Holidays
Working Hours – 0900 – 1800 Hours (Monday to Friday)
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Class 2 Driver Vacancy – Closes 20th November
Working within the transport and driving team to deliver a fist class service to our customers, ensuring their deliveries reach the destination in a safe and efficient way whilst adhering to transport and company regulations and requirements.
Based from our Bordesley Green Office.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Clean Licence – up to 6 points for speeding
- Driver Full CPC
- Positive can do and professional Attitude
- Willingness to be flexible
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Professional, helpful & proactive manner
- Customer focused/driven
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Well presented
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to pass company driving test
- Be able to do nights out during the week
- Minimum of 2 years Class 2 driving experience
• Representing the company in a professional, helpful and proactive manner to all potential, new and current customers
• Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you comply with statutory law, company policy & health & safety guidelines
• Complying with company policies and processes, achieving KPI’s to improve cost and operational efficiencies.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements are complied with, for all customers.
• Responsible for own load security and strapping ensuring a safe delivery.
• Obtaining delivery confirmations from each customer via electronic or paper methods as required by the customer and ensuring these are returned safely to the transport office.
• Reporting to traffic planners on potential incidents, delays and successful delivery ensuring they are advised if you are running behind schedule.
• Conducting vehicle inspections before departure, recording via the app and reporting any defects to the transport office.
• Delivering goods on assigned routes and adhering to timings and customer requirements.
• Unloading goods as per client specifications, this may involve some manual handling or assisting the customer with unloading where required.
• Participate in our ongoing driver assessment and CPC programmes and making driving improvements where required.
• Promote a positive and supportive working environment for all employees.
• Undertake any other duties required
Hours & Remuneration:
• 20 days holiday+ 8 bank holidays
• Working 5 days out of 7
• Shifts can vary for days, lates, nights and tramping.
• £430 per week plus O/T and night out allowance.
• £5 per day meal allowance (for over 5 hours worked)
• Uniform Provided
• Clean & modern Vehicles
• Employee benefit scheme
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our transport team on 0121 753 0080 option 5.