Fleet Compliance & Training Officer
Through a structured and effective adaptation of all in-house software, systems, processes, and procedures and in accordance with all relevant compliance requirements, the Fleet Compliance & Training Officer will maintain the overall responsibility and effective management of all drivers, fleet assets and operator legalities.
- Maintain all relevant aspects of a safe, legal and compliant transport operation.
- Ensure that all relevant statutory laws, EU Drivers Hours Rules & Regulations, Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations, Operators Licence and OCRS obligations, FORS requirements, and all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain a cohesive and efficient working relationship with all suppliers and staff and liaise effectively with the transport planning teams to ensure that all legal compliance requirements are correctly communicated and organised efficiently.
- Compile and circulate a daily fleet utilisation and availability report.
- Manage all periodic and adhoc fleet repairs and maintenance, including defect rectification, breakdowns, VOR’s and spare parts replenishment.
- Consider the most cost effective and efficient solution to maintain a roadworthy fleet.
- Control all temporary and permanent fleet amendments, including vehicle condition checks and registration to all relevant accounts and portals (i.e. TfL, Dart Charge, Mersey Gateway, Tyne Tunnel, SNAP, Operator Licence and motor insurance etc.)
- Upkeep of all professional organisations and accreditations (i.e. RHA and FORS etc.)
- In accordance with company guidelines, ensure that vehicles are appropriately cleaned inside and out and maintained to a high standard of hygiene.
- Ensure that all driving licences and driver qualifications are periodically checked and appropriately maintained.
- Driver recruitment, assessment, induction, training and ongoing development.
- Investigate and manage all Penalty Charge Notices (PCN’s), notifications and fines.
- Investigate all driver and vehicle related accidents, incidents, claims and convictions and maintain an effective and efficient means of communication with our motor insurance provider.
- Uphold the company Health & Safety system, ensuring that all documentation is current and clear, and that processes are adhered to.
- Undertake and review all relevant risk assessments and method statements and adapt all processes and procedures as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain a comprehensive system for record retention in accordance with all relevant requirements.
- Correspond effectively with all bodies of authority.
- Analysis and KPI reporting of all relevant areas and set improvement objectives.
- Address any breach of our legal requirements and take any corrective action as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Assist with the company’s quality management system where required.
- Participate in pre-audits and annual audits by FORS and ISO.
- Involvement in projects as required for continual improvement, leading to improved efficiency and increased profitability.
- Attend all relevant meetings and seminars related to the management of drivers, fleet assets and operator legalities.
- Overall objectives will be further developed in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
Experience Skills & Package
- National CPC
Aptitudes and abilities:
- High degree of verbal/numerical & analytical ability
- A ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
- Flexible & adaptable in time pressurised environments
- Ability to learn new skills/ approaches to continuously improve compliance
- Confidence to deal with varying situations ensuring the most effective outcome
- A self-starter able to work using own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to think logically
- Ability to work flexibly & to make decisions quickly
- An inquisitive nature and the ability to carry out investigations
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to deal with people at all levels
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- Transport and logistics
- EU Drivers Hours Rules & Regulations
- Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005
- GB Domestic Rules
- FORS accreditation (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme)
- Operator Licence obligations
- IT skills; excel, word, outlook
- Traffic management
- Fleet management software systems
- R2C (compliance, workshop, and fleet management platform) advantageous
- Webfleet (track & trace and fuel management system) advantageous
- Working within a busy haulage environment at a Supervisor / Manager level.
- Managing drivers & operational staff.
- Working with Transport legal compliance.
Analytical, proactive, organised, team player, customer-focused, hands-on approach, professional, flexible, reliable, trustworthy, honest, clear communicator.
Locally to Coleshill, Birmingham B46
Working Hours and Package
This is a full-time permanent role on a shift pattern basis working Monday to Friday, with the occasional weekend for driver training / CPC training where required. Our transport office operates from 05:00 to 20:00hrs so the flexibility to work between those times is required.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Use of onsite gym, secure parking and good public transport links.
Company pension.* Company employee assistance programme including cover for family, shopping discounts, legal and wellbeing support.* Company uniform*
*after the probation period.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working for LTS
- Clean and modern vehicles (fridge, microwave)
- Onsite gym
- Employee assistance programme including cover for family
- Employee benefits programme including shopping discounts, legal and well-being support
- Company pension
- Funded CPC training (Drivers)
- Accredited ITSARR licences (Warehouse ops).