We’re always on the look out for high quality drivers and personnel. If you think you have what it takes then please forward us your up to date CV by post or email and complete the application form linked below.
Apply For A Job
Application For Employment
Transport Planner – Closing Date 25th May 2018
Working within our busy transport team to liaise with, and provide our customers with a first class service through effective planning of routes and deliveries with adherence to regulations and processes.
Skills & Attributes
- Experience of Transport planning operations
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional, helpful & proactive manner Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Good geographical knowledge
- Driving license
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management
- Good organisational skills
- CPC is advantageous
- To ensure the customer receives a first class service in all communication.
- To demonstrate a keen eye whilst working under pressure.
- De-brief all drivers ensuring we keep a tight control on all aspects of the paperwork.
- Liaise with customers in a professional manner.
- To plan routes and deliveries in a cost effective way
- Proactive communication with delivery partners and customers
- Inputting work into the pallet network system
- Monitoring deliveries through the network
- Arranging third party collections
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you comply with statutory law, company policy & health & safety guidelines
- Assist in the adherence to Drivers Hours Regulations in accordance with the working time directive.
- Work within a team of planners, administration staff & drivers, checking time sheets, licenses & qualifications are up to date.
- Assisting with the daily vehicle log, digital downloads, vehicle accidents, repairs, servicing, cleanliness & maintenance of fleet, ensuring all records are fully up to date & any relevant action is taken.
- Ensuring quotes, jobs & costings are entered correctly & in a timely manner onto the traffic management system.
- Ensuring drivers have correct paperwork for deliveries & are aware of any customer requirements
- Completion of KPI reports where required.
Hours & Remuneration:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
This is a full time position Monday to Friday
Our transport office runs from 6am to 8pm and hours are worked on a rota basis
Pension scheme, Childcare voucher scheme, Employee benefit scheme.
To apply for any role please send your CV & a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org